This guide will help you how to Clone an installation. You can clone an installation to test the upgrades or the changes before applying it to the main installation.
NOTE : Clone functionality is available only for a few scripts at the moment. We will be adding it to more scripts soon.
NOTE : Clone has been added in Softaculous 4.2.8
NOTE : Clone is not supported on Softaculous Remote at the moment.
Clone is supported for the scripts listed on the following page :
NOTE : If you have your site already installed manually. You will have to import it to Softaculous. Here is the guide How_to_Import_an_Installation
We will be taking an example of a WordPress installation. We will clone the installation to a sub directory clone.
Login to Panel
- Go to your panel (e.g. cPanel’s url will be https://domain.com:2083) and login with your details.
- There click on the Softaculous Icon or Link.
- The Softaculous Enduser Panel will be displayed.
- Go to all installations page.
Choose the installation you want to Clone
- Click on the Clone icon next to the installation you wish to clone.
- The Clone page will appear with the current installation details and a form to fill in the details for the cloned installation.
Fill in the Clone Installation Details
- Fill in the clone installation details i.e. Choose domain, Directory, Database name, etc
- Click on the Clone Installation button and this should do the trick. The time taken may vary in accordance to size of your installation, So please be patient.
- That’s it !! You can now use this cloned installation to test the updates or any other changes you may want to test.
NOTES : You will receive the clone installation details via email (if the emails are enabled). The admin/user account login details will be the same as the source installation.